1636. The land and the money for Minster's first poorhouse was apparently donated to the people of Minster in a charitable trust by Sir John Hayward.
1789. The thatch of Minster Workhouse caught fire and the whole building was burnt down.
1834. Following the Poor Law Act, a Board of Guardians was set up to run a union of parish workhouses. It was known as the Union, and is situated in Union Road.
1889. A fire damaged Minster Workhouse,
1938. The Workhouse Union buildings were re-opened as Minster Hospital.